Sunday 12 June 2011

Going Missing

I have been back in the nest since Wednesday evening. By and large, it is WONDERFUL. I had high hopes for some good food, and I certainly have not been let down by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, Dad has just put one of his homemade pizzas in the oven and Mum is slaving away on some homemade coleslaw. Good job too, because I am wasting away. Ha. While I am glad to be here, there are things that I miss, and more things that I will start to miss the more time I spend here. Here are a few of them:
- Cafe Central. I doubt I will ever find cake that amazing ever again.
- The sun. For the past month, temperatures have not gone below 20 degrees. Today it is about 10 degrees and absolutely chucking it down. Not cool.
- Decent public transport. For the meantime being I have got access to the car but when that changes in a couple of weeks. When that time comes I think I will sob every time I have to get on a smelly bus and pay over the odds for the privilege.
- 3€ opera. Although I have seen an advertisement for £1 Hamlet in September.
- Austrian beer. Dad's homebrew is good, but it's no Stiegl. Sorry Father.
- Living in a flat of my own. I don't want to jinx things, but so far there have been no major arguments. However, I am already missing the independence of living on my own.
- Money. Although I did not like my job (don't know whether I mentioned that?!), it was very well paid and I was financially quite well off. Now I have no job and nothing on the horizon so I think in terms of money, the best I have to look forward to in terms of money are fortnightly trips to the Job Centre. Oh joy.
- Falafel. And actually the Naschmarkt in general.
- Nice architecture. In the countryside here the scenery nice. Rotherham is sadly rather lacking in Jugendstil and/or Imperial resplendence. What am I going to photograph?!
I guess there are others that are not springing immediately to mind, and maybe other things that will only come to light once I've been back a while. But I'll put all that on hold because in 3 days I am going to JAPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment