Thursday 4 November 2010

Herbstferien

I have had this whole week off school (not that I normally work much anyway but I'm not complaining!) It's been nice, though I haven't done very much at all. I have watched a lot of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, I have written in my journal and now it is almost up to date, though I fear I will never be able to keep on top of it properly as I am too lazy. I have got no idea how I manage to waste so much time.
I went and sat in a cafe (Demel, actually) on my own and wrote and read my book and watched people. I felt like a proper intellectual. I smiled to myself at the tourists taking photos of each other, but when my cake arrived I couldn't help but take a picture because it was so beautiful. It was quite expensive but definitely worth it, the best cake I've had in a long time. I will definitely take the Parents and the Grandparents there as a treat when they come to visit.

Although Sunday was actually Halloween, we decided to celebrate on Saturday as we'd heard there was going to be a party at the brewery in Schwechat, which is just outside Vienna. Originally I wanted to be a vampire bat as there is nothing better than wearing a cape, but sadly the fangs and cape did not arrive in time. Instead, I decided to be a panda, predominantly because they are cool, but partly because it meant I wouldn't have to buy anything.
After getting ready and painting our faces we ended up going for Chinese food, which I thought was particularly appropriate given my costume. They gave us the red carpet treatment, personally I believe this was because there was a panda in the group. We arrived at the brewery, saw that it was 10 Euros to get in and turned round immediately. After stopping for a quick drink at the "Cocktailbar" in Schwechat, possibly the most inhospitable place I think I have ever been, we headed back to Abby and Stella's where we had some beer and watched Disney films.



Sunday was another really fun day. We went to the zoo at Schönbrunn. It was quite expensive but so worth it! I forgot that I love animals. There's a baby elephant which is actually quite big now and a baby panda. Sadly it is still too young to see in actual real life, but you can watch it on a screen in its little room and it was so cute. The grown up pandas were awesome too. 


Also I have a new life plan- I am going to go and save orangutans in Borneo. Well, I probably won't, but it's a nice idea! That is about it for my week off, so I shall post this now and get back to finding another mindless American sitcom to watch...

No comments:

Post a Comment