Friday 24 September 2010

Wienna... is a windy city

Please please please let this be the last night in a hostel. It is not my favourite thing, though thankfully Naked Spaniard and Party Serb (he was an unwelcome addition to the room at 3.30 this morning) seem to have gone. Today I have spent wandering aimlessly and taking photos, and have spent a considerable amount of time sitting in the sun in the Museums Quartier. Which was nice. 
people watching in the MQ in the sun

Decided to treat myself to an Eis as I walked around. Was going to go for the ultimate combo of Himbeer, Heidelbeer, Zitrone (blackcurrant, blueberry, lemon) but at the last minute Banane caught my eye so I replaced Himbeer with that. V nice it was too. Today I:
- saw a tour group of about 30, all midgets
- made friends with an 8 month old baby called Hansi. And his mum, obviously
- got told off for sitting in the grass by the Kunst Historisches Museum
- was cursed by a gypsy because I wouldn't give her any money
- gave a Euro to the Clown Doctors who help children with cancer because the thought of a surgeon wearing a red nose and big shoes was just too awesome.


Meeting up with one of the other assistants for a drink, hopefully she will become my first friend! (sadly I don't think I can count Hansi the baby or the lady in the bakery who told me she liked my necklace.)
More tomorrow, hopefully when I am with flat!

No comments:

Post a Comment