Saturday 25 September 2010

Flat Flat Flat

It gives me great pleasure to announce that I am no longer homeless. Neither am I living in a youth hostel. I am living in an actual, genuine, Altbau Wiennese Wohnung. Two doors down from the KunstHaus Wien. So yes, I went to look at the flat this morning and it's really nice. There's a living room with a huge telly which will be brillo for watching Das Perfekte Dinner and such things. My room is currently the lady's study, but she's going to clear it out for me and put in a bed and stuff so it will be great. The only thing that's a bit weird is that you have to go through the bathroom to get to the kitchen, but I'll get used to it. Until the room is ready I'm living in a flat upstairs. I have the whole flat to myself, it's brilliant! 
So I unpacked and went to the supermarket. Billa ist für mich da! Forgot what an ordeal it is, trying to pack everything quickly enough once they've scanned it. Now is not only Sturmzeit (finally had some yesterday!) but Kürbiskern (sunflower seed)zeit too. Today I had pumpkin soup at the Palmenhaus by the Albertina and I have got some lovely Kürbiskern bread.


Went for a drink with two of the other assistants last night, we had Sturm at the Steierischer Pub on Siebensterngasse. Very nice it was too. They seem really nice and up for travels which was music to my ears! I am already itching to go and see some new places! Now I have an address I can finally get my Vorteilscard and start travelling! When I got back to the hostel from my drink, there was a 12 year old boy asleep in one of the other beds. When I woke up it was a woman in her mid 50s. Oh, the joys of hostel life!


I can see living here being quite dangerous, I have already seen about a million beautiful books about art and stuff that I would like to buy. Also, I do not need anymore notebooks. I know I already have loads, but I saw a really nice Vienna one today so I thought I'd better buy it before someone else did. Things that have amused me today:
- a man on the U-Bahn wearing no less than 9 SK Rapid Wien (football team) scarves
- a tour guide wearily telling off his group for laughing at the von Köck shop on the Graben
- that I have brought 5 scarves with me that I will probably never get round to wearing

No comments:

Post a Comment