Monday 20 December 2010

Departure

I do not care how pretty it is, I hate snow. It is pretty much the worst thing I can think of in the world. This week even Wienna has come to a standstill because of it. There hasn't been this much snow since 1995 and it's taken the Austrians by surprise. These are people who have a reputation for being able to cope with huge amounts of snow, so Christ only knows what's going on in the UK where there are no provisions for really bad weather. I was supposed to go to Linz this weekend and was absolutely gutted to find that the flight that should have contained two of my friends was cancelled. What was worse, they were flying from Bristol, the airport I was heading for tomorrow. Abby set off to get back to Atlanta and was stuck at Wienna airport for 13 hours because she couldn't get to Amsterdam. She finally made it home 24 hours later after a night in Barcelona airport. Having heard all of these things, I realised I needed a back up plan. So, instead of flying to Bristol and going to visit Boyo in Wales, I have to fly to Leeds. From Salzburg. Luckily I can stay with friends in Salzburg tonight and it will actually be really nice to see them, and the Parents can pick me up at the other end. I am pressing my thumbs as hard as I can, because I really do not want to be stuck here over Christmas!
The next time I blog I will be in ENGLAND (or maybe Wales). Woooooooooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment