Friday 17 December 2010

Saved by the Poo Shelf

For those of you who are not familiar with it, the continental toilet is different to those we have back in the UK. There is a shelf, which I think is pretty much universally known as the Poo Shelf. I do not think I need to go into why this is so, this picture here says more than enough:




I normally find it quite gross that all the toilets here are like this (I have many stories to tell but I will not in such a public place, these stories are best reserved for those who appreciate such humour. Alastair, for example) Today however, I have been saved by the Poo Shelf. Foolishly, I dropped my keys in the toilet. Now, in a normal toilet this would have been totally disastrous. Everyone remembers the time I swallowed a pound and after rescuing it, it was used to pay at the cinema (Crystal Peaks I think). Thanks to the PS, my keys fell a much shorter distance, and barely even got wet. What's more, my USB stick remained undamaged. I am therefore eternally grateful to whoever designed the stupid toilets in German speaking countries. Danke schön!

No comments:

Post a Comment