Wednesday 9 March 2011

Da simmer dabei...

I meant to post this yesterday, as it was Faschingsdienstag. That means Karneval/Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras/Pancake Day. I did not dress up or even go out, instead I sat at home and listened to songs that reminded me of good friends and good times back in Austria 2009. Here are a selection of favourites:
Viva Colonia. So good it got its own dance
Das Rote Pferd. Classic reworking of Edith Piaf's "Milord"
Hörst du die Regewürmer husten? Can you hear the worms coughing? I know I can.
Cowboy und Indianer. Komm hol das Lassoo raus!
Fliegerlied. The Austrian version. Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about how often we used to do this.
These are just a small selection of the songs that accompanied my first year in Austria. These and so many more. Just listening to them is making me miss it and want it to be this time in 2009 all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment