Saturday 5 March 2011

Do you want the truth or something beautiful?

More often than not, my answer would be the truth. However, given the unrelenting trials and tribulations presented to me this year I would be more inclined to ask for something beautiful. That is one of the things I like most about Wienna; no matter where you are, you are never too far from something lovely:
 On Thursday afternoon I continued my cafe tour and headed to Cafe Sperl with Abby for a catch up.
 As we walked up to the door, a man opened it for us. We thought he was being very polite, but after we'd spotted the film crew and seen him walk through the door about 7 times we realised that actually we had probably just ruined the shot. I seem to be seeing quite a few things being filmed recently.
 The cafe was very nice and old fashioned. What made me laugh was the sign that said "Kein Handys" (No mobile phones) and yet dogs are allowed in. Seems a bit weird to me but really, what do I know?
 After a wander round the shops (since saving for Japan I have been very good and not bought anything that I have not needed) I went to meet Joe for a trip to a museum. We were torn between the Natur Historisches (Natural History) or the Kunst Historisches (Art History) The decision was made for us as the KHM was open until 9pm, the NHM was closing in ten minutes. We wanted to go and see the Schaurig Schön (Horribly Beautiful) exhibition which was full of monsters and other mythical creatures. It was good, but very small. As we were walking around, I could hear a mysterious ticking noise. Still don't know what that was
 The museum was really beautiful. I am becoming a big fan of architecture as a resident of Vienna. I thought the rest of the museum was a bit boring actually, it was full of really old paintings which just aren't my thing.
 Our trip to the museum turned into dinner, which turned into drinks...
 ... which turned into going home at 4 in the morning when the last people were leaving the opera ball.


Yesterday was a bit of a challenge, but it was worth it for such a wonderful night. Nothing more to report for now but I am going out for a wander in a minute so I will no doubt have interesting things to show you later on today. Tschau for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment