Wednesday 9 March 2011

Ohh... wir kommen, wir kommen, wir kommen Sonnenschein! I know this song is ever so summery, but I have been singing it for the last week or so because it has been so blooming sunny I just can't help it! Who can be in a bad mood when they see this every day on the way to work?

And on my way home, I am always greeted by Mr Fitty himself, Til Schweiger:
Someone else that I see regularly (actually about a million times a day) is the Intimissimi Wench. She is absolutely everywhere, she adorns pretty much every tram stop, every billboard, every available space. This is how she normally looks:
However, on the poster under the railway bridges near my apartment she is wearing rather less:
When I saw this I was really pleased with myself. I always see cool graffiti that people have seen and always wish that I could be the person to have discovered it. Well, now I am.
So yes, the sun has been shining today. In fact it was so warm that I could even walk through the Stadtpark with no coat on!
I made good use of my day off by ticking yet another thing off my to do list; Stella and I went to the Natur Historisches (Natural History, in case you couldn't work that out) Museum. Sadly the dinosaur part was closed today so this Pterodactyl was the closest I got to seeing my favourite creatures ever:
There was also a mammoth. It was MASSIVE:
It's signs like this that make me wonder what goes on in the bits of museums that people aren't allowed to see. I did try to open the door but it was locked of course.
Disappointed as I was not to see the dinosaurs, the real reason I went was the Körperwelten der Tiere exhibition. It was honestly the best thing I have ever seen in a museum. I accidentally ignored all the signs that said don't take photos, so here you go:
This one is the blood vessels in a lamb.
The ostrich was really cool, you can see everything, all the muscles and arteries and feathers and stuff.

There was also a giraffe, and an elephant, and a human but I couldn't photograph them because I was in grave danger of being told off by an angry Austrian. The building of the museum is beautiful:
ust like its twin, the Kunst Historisches Museum I thought this looked a bit like an Impressionist painting of the KHM, actually it is just the view through the blinds at the window:
So yes, that is about all I have to show for today. I am seriously getting through my list of things to see and do, maybe I will even have to extend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment