Saturday 28 May 2011

Internet Cafe/Callshop etiquette

Can you tell that I am killing time? Tonight I am FINALLY going to meet the Parents in Bratislava. I can't wait. Having been awake since before 7, I am pretty bored with today now. There's a festival on in town, but it's raining so I decided to come and catch up on some internet. Th 17th District is a good place to live if you need an internet cafe. There are millions. Some of them seem to be 95% private enterprises- yesterday I went into one a little further down Hernalser Hauptstraße than my usual one to get some credit for my cheap international sim card, and I'm fairly certain I interrupted some kind of meeting of the African Mafia. I am glad I shan't need to go there again, I was scared. Luckily, the callshop/internet cafe at the end of my road is quite nice. It's none smoking, which is definitely a plus in this nicotine-obsessed country. Usually it is quite quiet, the usual clientele seem to be Eastern European teenagers watching videos of fast cars and/or techno music. There are also 4 cabins with phones in. Until today, I have never heard a sound from one of them, even though they are always occupied. This afternoon, there was a woman shouting in a language I didn't understand. It's still going on now. Somebody has clearly upset her A LOT, because she is really angry. Unfortunately, this person is not the only one who knows it. In fact if I were them, I would be running like hell to get as far from her as possible, because if she comes into contact with this person, damage will be done. I don't have a lot more to say on the subject, I just wanted to share my suffering with you all. Now I think I will go home and watch Spooks and count down until it's late enough to get the bus to Bratislava!

No comments:

Post a Comment