Tuesday 26 April 2011

Another load of photos

I just came across this draft that I never got round to posting beore I left for the UK.
Lederhosen-style swimming shorts. When I saw them I thought  "Wow, they would be a perfect present for Mr Boring or Boyo". Then I saw the price. At 69€ (reduced from 95€!!!) Sadly that is a little too much for me, but the thought was there.
A couple of days after I moved into my new flat, I went to see what was going down at the Steiermark Frühling. 


It was lovely. And hot. And busy. I wished I'd worn my Dirndl but would have felt a bit out of place without a crowd of Trachten-clad friends. I will save it for next weekend.
Sorry to be boring, but I have got yet more blossom/flower/spring photos. I have decided that it is definitely my favourite time of year EVER.
Now I live in a new Bezirk, the 17th to be exact. It is not particularly picturesque, but I am sure there are photo opportunities to be had somewhere. One of my favourite little pleasures in life is grammatically incorrect graffiti. Good bless poor English.
Near Alser Strasse U Bahn there is a place where you can swap books for free. I am running out of things to read so maybe I will go.
One of the good things about living in a more residential area is that there is some good graffiti:






On the way into town there has been a market, I think it had something to do with the run up to Easter  because there were palm trees and similarly Eastery things.
In the city centre there was a lovely Easter market which mostly sold painted eggs.








In fact I have never seen so many in one place. I bought some as I thought they would be a nice souvenir, but I am not quite sure how I am going to get them home without them smashing into a million pieces. We shall see
It seems that the city choose a colour each year and plant only that colour tulips. This year it is definitely yellow.
The French Embassy normally annoys me because it is covered in way too much gold, but the blossom tree in the front garden made me like it a bit more.


That is all for now, I have put up three posts today and that is more than enough. Goodbye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment