Friday 15 April 2011

I get by with a little help from my friend... and my Betreuungslehrerin...and various others

It would be safe to say that the last couple of months in Vienna have been a bit rubbish. However, after lots of nagging (turns out it was in a good way) from the Parents and Boyo, I finally decided to do something about it, or at least make a start by talking to my Betreuungslehrerin, Brigitte. She is basically the teacher who is responsible for me, kind of like a mentor. Turns out she is the best thing ever and I should have talked to her a LONNNNG time ago. Anyway, we went for coffee and I told her all my woes. I started by telling her about my flat situation (which I think I will blog about one of these days). Within the hour she had taken me home with her and was showing me around a flat in the same building as hers which belongs to her brother in law. With the help of Joe (the Friend in the title of the post, you see), I moved in the following day. The move was hilarious, carrying everything I own in two carrier bags (plus three huge suitcases and various other containers)  across the city like a real refugee. The flat is in the 17th district which is further away from the city centre and school than I was living before, but it doesn't matter. I have lived there a week and am happier already. It is a beautiful flat. Here are some pictures:
 In my kitchen I have a whole fridge AND freezer to myself. Plus a dishwasher which is a real luxury.

 The bathroom is little but the shower is the best ever. Not my words, the words of Shakin' Stevens. Oh no, I mean Boyo.


I have got SO MUCH FURNITURE. More than I know what to do with. I think my favourite things are the full size table complete with chairs which mean I don't have to sit on the floor at a coffee table. Oh and I have a hat stand. And a wardrobe which is in my room. And I don't have to go through the kitchen to get to the shower. And I have a full length mirror so I can see what I look like without jumping in front of the bathroom cabinet. It is FABULOUS exclamation point. I don't have the internet which is a minor disadvantage but I like to think that it will just mean I will read a lot more and therefore become a better, more educated person. The best thing of all? I am living there for free! So yes, apologies for my sporadic posts from now on. But finally things are starting to improve!

No comments:

Post a Comment