Wednesday 27 April 2011

I love Vienna in the springtime...

Now that I only have a month left before I have to go back to the UK and to the real world, I am starting to appreciate Wien a bit more. I have got a long list of things I want to do before I go, and I really need to start ticking things off.
The Austrians are known for being blunt and to the point. I cannot imagine the outcry there would be if a dog poo was featured on a poster at bus stops:
 This would also not go down very well in the UK. It's probably politically incorrect or something:
 For Christmas I got the Banksy film, "Exit Through The Gift Shop" (thanks Boyo). Since then I have been more aware of street art. Space Invader is EVERYWHERE in Wienna! I like it a lot.
 I think I have posted something similar before, but the Wiennese are full of good advice:
 I am sorry to say that I lied in my last post. I said that they would be the last of my spring plant photos. I just can't stop because it all looks so lovely:
 The Burggarten is a bit boring in the winter. In spring it is much more appealing.

 Aaaaaaah Sisi. Probably my favourite Austrian ever to have lived.


I have begun the epic task of sorting out all the photos I have taken over the last few months so I am giving you fair warning that there might be a bit of an overload to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment