Sunday 3 April 2011

When Corinne came to stay

Another week, another lovely visitor. This time it was Corinne, who had spent a month in Kologne but could not resist coming back to the homeland for a quick visit. I was pleased because Vienna is definitely much nicer when you have friends. We wandered round the Belvedere and pondered the eternal question "what does the extra bit of sticky out plastic on my camera lens do?"
 The answer is that it stops too much light getting into the lens when you use the flash. I bet you are all fascinated to learn that aren't you?
 We got on the wrong tram because I forgot to look which one it was. Luckily we did not get lost because it just went round in a little circle so we got off and went back to the stop.
 We had dinner at Centimeter with Joe and Corinne revealed the true me by telling lots of stories from my first year abroad. Ohhhh, how I miss those times. I could spend a lot of time reminiscing, but that would be bad as I am supposed to be planning a lesson and I am not sure that many of the stories are blogworthy come to think of it!
I had to work on Thursday which was a bit rubbish but afterwards we went for cheap pizza 1€ a slice! and to the Prater where we took about a zillion photos:









 Alastair, your friend is still there. I think he is waiting for you!

 The weather started to get a bit less sunny, which was sad.
 But to remedy the situation we decided to go for posh cake. You know it's a good cafe when it's being advertised by other shops:
 This time I had an Erdbeer Schnitte which was an unusual choice for me as some of you will know, I am not normally a huge strawberry fan. To be honest I think it was the redcurrants that swayed it.
 The evening's entertainment was a trip to the opera. It was Madame Butterfly and I LOVED it. The music is lovely, the singers were good and it is set in Japan so of course the scenery and costumes were beautiful too. I was warned that I might cry but I did not because I am hard. Here are some more pictures of the opera house because let's be honest, you can never see too many:


 Friday at school was rubbish, I basically waited around for three and a half hours to talk to a girl about Twilight. Ugh. But after that there was some nice wandering and photo taking.


 Demel is a lovely shop. Everything is ever so fancy and wayyyyy out of my price range.
 The Kaiserschmarrn, however, if fairly reasonably priced.
 Especially considering that it is the best one I have ever tasted. Even better than Klosterhof in Linz, and that is saying something!
Friday night was spent old school style (with apres ski and drink) and then Corinne had to go home which was sad. I do not have anyone visiting this week which is going to be the worst thing ever. Though Boyo is coming next Monday and I am v excited about that. I know I haven't mentioned him for ages but he is still there, it's just that he has not really done anything blogworthy of late! That is all for now dears, until next time!

1 comment:

  1. The bleeding Zombie has turned into a humannnn?????
    my japanese friend wanted me to show her a picture of you whilst we were talking on Skype, so I told her to look at my albums and pasted her this link http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=73547461774&set=a.73544931774.76401.658231774&theater

    ReplyDelete