Friday 8 April 2011

Staying out of the house

For reasons beyond my control, I felt like I didn't really want to spend much time at home yesterday. So I went out with my camera. Again. Sorry to be boring but here are some more flowers.
 This one was wearing a charm bracelet. Kawaii.
 Turns out there are magnolias all over Wienna!
 Here is Schubert looking resplendent in the spring sunshine.
 Klimt would be turning in his grave if he knew what had happened to his painting. This is bad, but the worst is the baseball cap which I am yet to photograph.
 ABBA are not only musical genius, they also repair your shoes. I would take my shoes there to be fixed if I could guarantee a little sing song and if I wore shoes expensive enough to be worth being fixed.
 Here is one of many Mozarts on his way to work. Chatting away on his phone, just like real Mozart would have done.
 I stopped for a quick break at Aida by Stephansdom
 I was in need of some refreshment and thought Apfelstrudel would fill the hole perfectly.
 The Hofburg complex was looking lovely. Just as pretty as it looks every time I walk past actually.
 Athene was sparkling.
 And there was a Styrian festival type thing on Rathausplatz.
 I bet you didn't know that Steiermark is famous for apples.
 And Alpenmusikvereins
 And the ultimate musical combination, the grater and spoon. Oh no wait...
 The Rathaus was having a free open day for Diabetes so I went in for a nosy.
 I was a bit scared that I could only be there if I had Diabetes so I was preparing a story in case anyone asked me what I was doing there.
 But really I just wanted to take photos.
 The Festsaal was beautiful but it was very difficult to capture because it was full of stalls about Diabetes which kept getting in the way.

 This Chinese restaurant was beautifully decorated.
 After a very productive coffee with my Betreuungslehrering I decided to go to Grinzing to have a look around.
 I sat by this lovely gate thing and phoned pretty much everyone I know.
 Afterwards I got on a bus and went up the Kahlenberg. I would have walked but I wasn't wearing the right shoes. HA.

 It is nice to see that my favourite Pope made it all the way up the Kahlenberg. Aaah, Jan Pawel II, you are deeply missed.
 I wandered around trying to find Am Himmel (that means In Heaven) and I came across A MEADOW! I was so happy, I twirled around and did a bit of a Sound of Music dance. The day kept getting better (I am saving the best piece of news for the end of this post so stay tuned to find out something good!)
 Just in case I was about to forget where I was, there was a helpful sign on a tree.
 Finally I found Am Himmel. It was windy but lovely. I treated myself to a Double Decker that I had bought in an English shop that morning.
 Then I decided to go for a celebratory beer, overlooking Wienna.
Why was I celebrating? Because I'm moving out! Finally! I will post all about it when I have moved into my new flat so be patient, it might take a while because there is no internet. But I will work something out I'm sure. That's all for now, I am supposed to be packing right now!

PS If you look through my oldest posts you might notice that the photos are gone. This is because when I was trying to upload for this post it told me I had exceeded my free limit. Oops. I thought deleting some would help but apparently not. In the end I just paid 5$ for extra storage so I hope you are all grateful!

1 comment:

  1. Loving the photos hoor!
    The string in a tree!!! My bulgarian friend does that every march with all of us and you have to tie it round the first tree you see in bloom, which was the next day for me (11th March) and make a wish. I love that you can just go for cake and a cuppa on your tod in Austria. It would be strange to do so in Japland. xxx

    ReplyDelete